Information Technology Manufacturign & Software Industry in Northern Colorado
The Information Technology cluster includes a range of manufacturing and services related to computers, hardware and electronic components, high-tech laboratory and process equipment, software development, and software publishing.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY GROWTH CLUSTER OVERVIEW
Northern Colorado’s portfolio of IT companies is diverse. The region has a long history of microprocessor and other hardware component manufacturing and R&D supporting the software industry. The roster of technology companies with R&D offices in the region includes Hewlett-Packard (HP), Microsoft, Intel, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), and others.
A range of small firms and startups deliver software and services for regionally important industries and clusters such as energy, beverage manufacturing, wholesale (logistics), and education & knowledge creation. Major tech companies make up the robust information technology industry such as IBM, Google, and Apple house offices in adjacent Boulder County.
NAICS CODES IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY CLUSTER
- Computer Services
- Audio and Video Equipment
- Computers and Peripherals
- Electronic Components
- Process and Laboratory Instruments
- Software Publishers
- Software Reproducing
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY GROWTH CLUSTER STATS
- The Information Technology+ cluster experienced 19% growth in the region from 2015-2020. 11% growth is projected to occur from 2020-2025.
- The Gross Regional Product reported in 2020 was $1.9 billion.
- Colorado FIRST and Existing Industry Job Training Programs (CFEI) are geared toward companies in this cluster.
- Colorado has a unique strength in printed circuit board manufacturing with multiple niche producers.