Fabrication and Production Technology Manufacturing Industry in Northern Colorado
The Fabrication and Production Technology Manufacturing growth industry cluster includes establishments that fabricate various metals and metal components and that develop and manufacture industrial or heavy machinery. Growth in Northern Colorado’s manufacturing industries creates key supply access for a broad range of companies.
FABRICATION AND PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY GROWTH CLUSTER OVERVIEW
Northern Colorado’s portfolio of companies has particular strengths in agricultural or construction machinery in addition to the manufacturing of industrial robots and industrial machines, turbines and generators, mold-making, and component fabrication. These businesses have crossover with the metal fabrication industry, technology production, and are driving forces behind fabrication technologies.
NAICS CODES IN FABRICATION AND PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY CLUSTER
- Hand Tools
- Machine Tools and Accessories
- Metal Processing
- Metalworking Machinery
- Air Handling Equipment
- Agricultural and Construction Machinery and Components
- Process Equipment and Components
- Commercial and Service Industry Machinery
- Industrial Manufacturing – Machinery
- Measuring, Dispensing, and Other Pumping Equipment Manufacturing
- Moving and Material Handling Equipment
FABRICATION AND PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY MANUFACTURING GROWTH CLUSTER STATS
- The Fabrication & Production Technology Manufacturing cluster experienced 4% growth in the region from 2015-2020. 10% growth is projected to occur from 2020-2025.
- The Gross Regional Product reported in 2020 was $735 million.
- Within the region, there are particularly strong linkages to agricultural production, inputs, & services; food processing & manufacturing; and plastics.
- The Agricultural and Construction Machinery and Components sub-cluster has a location quotient of 7.93.