Distribution and E-Commerce Industry in Northern Colorado
The distribution and ecommerce industry growth cluster includes businesses engaging in the wholesale of all goods, catalog businesses, warehousing, and regional distribution of a range of goods.
DISTRIBUTION AND ECOMMERCE GROWTH CLUSTER OVERVIEW
The Distribution and E-Commerce industry growth cluster is a diverse ecosystem that has multiple drivers. Part of this cluster is primarily driven by Colorado’s growing population and the proportional demand to distribute goods throughout the region. However, another part of this cluster is strongly linked to the clusters identified as growth strategy targets and other regionally important clusters.
This includes supply chain relationships but also reflects an artifact of how business establishments are classified within the NAICS system. Multi-establishment firms might have an establishment classified in another industry cluster with their wholesale operations in the region. Single establishment businesses that would be assumed to be manufacturers, but who outsource the majority of their product manufacturing, might be classified within this cluster.
NAICS CODES IN DISTRIBUTION AND ECOMMERCE INDUSTRY CLUSTE
- Electronic & Catalog Shopping
- Rental & Leasing
- Warehousing & Storage
- Wholesale of:
- Apparel & Accessories
Books, Periodicals & Newspapers
- Chemical & Allied Products
- Construction, Mining Machinery & Equipment
- Drugs & Druggists’ Sundries
- Electrical & Electronic Goods
- Farm, Garden Machinery &
- Farm Products & Supplies
- Food Products
- Furniture & Home Furnishing
- Industrial Machinery, Equipment, &
- Jewelry, Watches, Precious Stones & Precious Metals
- Metals & Minerals (except Petroleum)
- Apparel & Accessories
- Other Merchandise
- Paper & Paper Products
- Petroleum & Petroleum Products
- Professional, Commercial Equipment & Supplies
- Service Establishment Equipment & Supplies
- Sporting, Recreational Goods & Supplies
- Toy, Hobby Goods & Supplies
- Transportation Equipment &
Supplies (except Motor Vehicles)
- Wholesale Trade Agents & Broke
DISTRIBUTION AND ECOMMERCE GROWTH CLUSTER STATS
- The distribution and ecommerce cluster experienced 18% growth in the region from 2015-2020. 9% growth is projected to occur from 2020-2025.
- The Gross Regional Product reported in 2020 was over $2 billion.
- Strengths are heavily focused in traded clusters (rather than distribution of locally consumed retail goods).
- There is a local presence of large international companies via their distribution facilities.